We’ve included some annotations below certain sections that are not part of the agreement itself, but are intended to highlight important points and help you follow the text.
By using the Services, you are agreeing to be legally bound by this agreement, including the binding arbitration clause contained below. We may make changes to this agreement from time to time, so be sure to check this page regularly.
2. ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION
You must be at least 18 years old or, if in your jurisdiction the age of majority is above 18 years old, you must be above the age of majority in your jurisdiction, to use the Services. You may choose to create an account and provide certain information, including a valid email address and a password. If you want to participate in or make an offer in connection with an auction, purchase or sale, or participate in any marketing event, you will have to register with us. You agree to provide accurate and truthful information and to keep it accurate and updated. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information, and you agree to notify us if there has been any unauthorized use of your information. You may not share your password with unaffiliated third parties. You are fully responsible for all uses of your password, account and username, or registration, whether by you or others. We are authorized to act on instructions received through use of your account or registration, and are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section. By providing your information, you consent to us contacting you about your interest in us or the Services by email, phone, or through any other contact information you have chosen to provide. You may opt out of marketing by following the instructions in our Privacy Statement.
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 18, so you MUST be 18 to use them. If you create an account or register, it is important to keep your information accurate and up to date so that we can contact you with information about the Services. You are responsible for your own account and registration. If you ever forget your password, or believe that someone has accessed your account without your permission, it is important to contact us so that we can assist.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All parts of the Services, including the selection, compilation, arrangement, and presentation of all materials and the Websites, tools, and applications, are copyrighted by us or our licensors and content suppliers, and are protected by U.S. and international laws. You agree to abide by all applicable copyright laws, as well as copyright notices or restrictions posted on the Services, and you acknowledge that use of any content of the Services without our express prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
You may not use any of our trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrights, or logos in any manner which creates the impression that such items belong to or are associated with you, unless you have our written consent, and you acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in or to any of such items.
You may not frame the Websites. You may link to the Websites, provided that you acknowledge and agree that you will not link the Websites to any website containing any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information or that violates any intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, or publicity rights.
The content on the Services is copyrighted. You may use the content, but you may not alter it or change any copyright notices without our permission. You may not use your own web design skills to put “frames” around our Websites and pretend they are yours. You also can’t link to our Websites from websites that contain content we would find objectionable.
4. YOUR LICENSE TO USE THE SERVICES
5. SERVICE RULES
There are a number of rules you must follow to use the Services. You agree not to use the Services in any way that:
- Allows you to scrape, monitor, or copy any part of the Services in an automated way, using any robot, scraper, or other method of access other than manually accessing the publicly-available portions of the Services;
- Violates the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers of the Services, or bypasses or circumvents other measures to prevent or limit access to the Services;
- Creates any derivative works from the Services;
- Competes with our business or impacts our revenue;
- Impairs our computer systems or transmits software viruses, worms, or other harmful files;
- Interferes with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Services;
- Attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Services;
- Uses any part of the Services in unsolicited mailings or spam material;
- Violates any third party’s rights, including copyright, trademark, privacy rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- Threatens, stalks, harms, or harasses others, misleads or deceives others, promotes bigotry or discrimination, defames others, or is otherwise objectionable; solicits personal information, promotes illegal substances, or submits or transmits pornography; or
- Violates any laws.
To use the Services, you have to follow our rules. The rules above are designed to keep the Services safe and enjoyable for all users.
6. YOUR CONTENT AND SUBMISSIONS
You are solely responsible for all content that you post, publish, transmit, upload, distribute or otherwise make available or submit to or through the Services (collectively, “Submissions”). Your Submissions may be identified by your actual name and/or your username. You acknowledge that once published, you cannot withdraw such Submissions. Unless we indicate otherwise, you grant us, our subsidiaries, and affiliates a nonexclusive, transferrable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, copy, and display any Submissions throughout the world in any form.
Please review our Privacy Statement prior to making any Submissions. If you do not agree with our Privacy Statement, you may not make any Submissions.
- You will remain polite and civil to other users, even if you disagree with content that you come across through your use of the Services;
- Your Submissions will not be off topic or contain promotions of or solicitations for other products, services or fundraising activities;
- Your Submissions will not infringe or violate our rights or the rights of a third party;
- You will not impersonate anyone else, misrepresent your identity or affiliation, or make Submissions from fake or anonymous profiles;
- You agree that we are not liable for Submissions made by you or others;
- You agree that we have the right to remove or edit any content and any Submissions in our sole discretion;
- Your Submissions will not consist of any inappropriate content, including without limitation personal attacks, offensive remarks, obscenities or any language that we consider foul, vulgar or fraudulent;
- Your Submissions will not contain images of any person, unless you have received their permission, or the permission of their parent or guardian if the person is under the age of 18 or unable to provide consent for any reason;
- You will not share viruses or files that have the capability of causing damage to another’s computer;
- You agree that we have the right to delete, modify or remove any Submissions, at any time in our sole discretion and that you are solely responsible to backup any such content; and
- You agree that when you use the Services you do so at your own risk and that you understand that Submissions that you see may not be accurate. While we may monitor Submissions, we are under no obligation to do so.
7. REPORTING COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
We have adopted and reasonably implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers and account holders of our Services who are repeat copyright infringers. If you believe your copyright or the copyright of a person on whose behalf you are authorized to act has been infringed, you may provide our Copyright Agent with a written DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”). You must do all of the following in your written Notice for it to be valid:
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including (if the Content is on our website) the URL of the link shown on the website where such material may be found.
- Include your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice (if these statements are untrue, you cannot submit the Notice):
“I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“The information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, I affirm that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Company’s Copyright Agent:
Ten-X Copyright Agent
1 Mauchly, Irvine, CA 92618
You can leave a message for our Copyright Agent at (800) 793-6107, but you cannot use this number to submit a Notice or to otherwise inform us of alleged copyright infringement. To be valid, a Notice must be in writing and must follow the instructions above.
Use exactly the procedure described here to notify us of alleged copyright infringement on the Services.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND THAT WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We make no representations or guarantees that the Services are compatible with your equipment or that the Services, or that any electronic communications sent by us or our affiliates, are error-free or will be free from loss, destruction, damage, interruption, corruption, attack, viruses, worms, or other harmful, invasive, or corrupted files, interference, hacking, or other security intrusion, and we disclaim any liability relating thereto. You agree that we have the right to change the content or technical specifications of any aspect of the Services at any time in our sole discretion. You further agree that such changes may result in your being unable to access the Services.
We make no guarantees, representations, or warranties that the Services or information available through the Services, or that the use of or result of the use of the Services, will be accurate, reliable, complete, current, uninterrupted, or without errors. Any documents, pictures, or other information available on the Services are for informational purposes only, and may not represent the current condition of a property or the condition of the property at the time of sale. The posting of pictures on the Services does not constitute a guarantee that any items represented in the pictures will be present when a buyer takes possession of a property. You are encouraged to conduct your own due diligence and investigate all matters relating to any properties. It is recommended that you seek independent advice, including legal advice, to perform your due diligence and that you use good faith efforts in determining that the content of all information provided to or obtained by you is accurate.
You understand and acknowledge that the information provided through the Services is subject to change. You should check back frequently for updated information as to the properties and/or mortgage notes available, auction or other marketing events, times and locations, relevant terms, and other matters which may be made available by us or our clients.
You understand and acknowledge that you are capable of evaluating the merits and risks of purchasing a property using the Services, and are able to bear any such risks. You also acknowledge that you have consulted with, had the opportunity to consult with, or waive the right to consult with, legal and tax professionals relating to the legal and tax consequences of any documents used in connection with the Services.
You use the Services at your own risk and what you see is what you get. There are many parts of the Services that we do not control or assume responsibility for. For example, we don’t check the accuracy of content on the Services, so use it at your own risk. In particular, YOU are responsible for performing your own diligence on properties marketed on the Services and you agree not to rely solely on the information available on the Services in making decisions about these properties.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ARISING FROM USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THOSE CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OF TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE FAILURE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY OR MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES FOR DAMAGES, WILL NOT BE GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO ACCESS THE SERVICES OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
Unless a state law provides otherwise, we are not liable to you for any issues arising out of your use of or inability to use the Services, and in no case will we be liable for any damages that exceed the amount you paid to access the Services, if any, or $100, whichever is greater.
11. PRIVACY STATEMENT
In addition to this agreement, your use of the Services is subject to our Privacy Statement. This document is important, as it governs how we can use your personal and other information.
12. TERMINATION OR STOPPING USE OF THE SERVICES
You can stop using the Services at any time and for any reason.
Without prior notice, we may revoke your registration, suspend your ability to use certain parts of the Services, and/or terminate your access to the Services at any time in our discretion. We may also modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services.
In order to protect the Services, we reserve the right at any time to block users from certain IP addresses from accessing and using the Services. We may also request that you stop accessing or permanently destroy certain content or information available through the Services.
13. BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Please read this section carefully – it may significantly affect your legal rights, including your right to file a lawsuit in court and to have a jury hear your claims.
The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those Rules. Notwithstanding these rules, however, such proceeding shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, Orange County. All parties shall maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding and the award, including the hearing, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy, a judicial challenge to an award or its enforcement, or unless otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any Claims. However, nothing in this section shall prevent us from enforcing our intellectual property rights and/or remedy unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, unauthorized access, fraud or computer fraud, and/or industrial espionage in court.
14. SERVICES AUDITING AND MONITORING
We are able at any time to monitor the use of the Services and the content available on the Services. You agree that we may disclose information obtained through the Services in response to a legal request or as required by law. We can also make decisions to change or remove content, or suspend use of the Services, based on content submitted or available on the Services.
15. GENERAL TERMS
- Force Majeure. No party shall be liable to the other for any default resulting from force majeure, which includes any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the parties.
- Compliance with Applicable Laws: The Services are controlled within the United States of America and directed to individuals residing in the United States. We do not represent that the materials in the Services are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Services to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction at any time in our sole discretion. You represent and warrant that: (a) you are not located in a country subject to trade sanctions or economic embargoes under the laws of the United States of America (“US Sanctioned Countries”); (b) none of you, your affiliates, members, directors or other equity owners (excluding holders of publicly traded shares), and none of their principal officers and employees are (i) listed on the list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons published by the Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of Treasury (“OFAC”) (available at http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx) (an “OFAC Listed Person”), (ii) an agent, department, or instrumentality of, or is otherwise beneficially owned by, controlled by or acting on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any OFAC Listed Person or US Sanctioned Country, or (iii) otherwise blocked, subject to sanctions under or engaged in any activity in violation of other U.S. economic sanctions; and (c) none of you, your affiliates, members, directors or other equity owners (excluding holders of publicly traded shares), and none of their principal officers and employees are in violation of (i) any applicable anti-money laundering laws, including those contained in the Bank Secrecy Act; (ii) any applicable economic sanctions laws administered by OFAC of the U.S. Department of State; or (iii) any applicable anti-drug trafficking, anti-terrorism, or anti-corruption laws, civil or criminal.
These are all the general legal terms that govern your use of the Services.
For questions about the Services, you should contact Ten-X, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org or